Friday, July 24, 2009

Jersey Lovin

I think i may have solved my fashion crisis - or at least come up with one (ish) workable solution.

The backstory of this is i live in the tropics, yes, Sun, sand, Reef and Backpackers. As such, the town where i live is SUPER CASUAL. Kind of good when one's having a lazy day, except for someone who has a fashion lust and a SERIOUS shoe fetish, a diet consisting mainly of thongs (read-flipflops for non Aussies) and denim shorts with t-shirt is really limiting.

I can only really bust out the boots on our 3 days of winter or if it's raining. Otherwise i get the "What the hell are you wearing???" faces from strangers. BOO!

So, in keeping with the ULTRA casual tone of the town, but also satisfying my NEED for SOMETHING resembling stylish, i think drapey Jersey might be my saviour.

I'm lusting after flowey batwing sleeved jump suits, maxi dresses, wrap skirts with long ties and tops with interesting statement pieces.

There are some great pieces on Etsy but each have certain elements missing.
Looks like i'm gonna have to make them myself .Pity my sewing skills are limited to sack bags and pillow cases. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment